If you’re completing a plant engineering project, you may have...
Modular process skids: An explanationBefore we explain why modular skid manufacturers should be used, here’s an explanation of what they are. If we want to define modular process skids and modular process equipment, we can compare them to a structural frame that process engineers use for industrial equipment like a process system to move them around. They can be custom built and feature self contained units installed on a manufacturing site, but they don’t affect the existing operations of the client’s entire process systems. The result is a self contained process system, or modular process systems that are contained in process skid packages.
Why use modular skids for a plant project?There are a range of reasons that you should use modular equipment for a plant project, two of which include less shutdowns of your plant and safer working conditions.
1. Avoid plant shutdownsYou can benefit from an offsite manufacturing process and have your skids designed and manufactured while your plant continues to function, unaffected by shutdowns or stoppages when you choose modular manufacturers and modular process skids. The fact that you won’t experience any downtime when you choose modular equipment means that you can save money and capital costs.
2. Gain safety advantages and fewer OSHA hoursThere are other advantages to choosing a comprehensive service from skid manufacturers such as DG-SKID. Not only can you benefit from other savings from crew sizes that are smaller than the ones used for traditional stick built construction for traditional process systems, but higher fabrication quality at less cost and less risk is possible as well. Choosing modular equipment and a modular process skids manufacturer will significantly lessen OSHA working hours for technicians; it’s a preferred method that means they will experience less risks in terms of safety.
3. Fabricating skids is easier based on one designTo fabricate multiple replicas of a modular system at reduced cost, all that’s required is one design. Replicas can be made from the first skid, allowing manufacturers to make multiple skids much more easily and clients can receive rollout savings and save on engineering and design costs.
4. Modular construction takes place in a controlled shop environmentSince modular skid systems and modular construction happens in a controlled shop environment, they lead to shorter project timelines and fewer weather related risks.
Key factors to consider when choosing a modular skid manufacturerAcknowledging that some modular process skid manufacturers and modular process skids offer more flexibility in terms of design options is one of the many factors you should consider when choosing one. It’s also important to remember that a skid manufacturer can assist your project at different points of the plant design activity and help with project management.
Which phases can a skid manufacturer assist you with?Some of the critical phases of your project where you might want to get the support of a modular process skids manufacturer include:
- Process engineering
- Designing modular systems
What does DG-SKID provide and why are EPCs choosing them?DG-SKID provides incredible solutions for easy transportation of process systems. Here are some of their services.
1. Services across different industriesYou can benefit from pharmaceutical processes, chemical and oil processes, and energy and gas services when you choose DG-SKID. This selection of services means that EPCs from several process industries can get expert solutions and support for their process plant requirements, which might include the transformation of raw materials with thermal and mechanical stresses.
2. A vast range of specific services during constructionSome of the specific services provided by DG-SKID in the construction phase include exceptional engineering services, schematics and installation, integration and programming of PLCs, valve, pressure switch, and flow meter installation, torque, temperature, and pressure regulation, and electric drive and shaft line sizing. This vast range of services makes DG-SKID the best in its industry for skid manufacturing for plant design projects, which is why PLCs are using them.
3. Exceptional services for piping and automationDG-SKID and MEFA also offer piping and automation services with their skids. Part of this service includes creating piping and instrumentation (PID) diagrams, assemblies of piped boilers, and several automation services for various applications. These services include: